Thursday, March 12, 2009

Green Tea Chiffon cake

I bought the 10" Angel cake pan yesterday and was so eager to try a new chiffon recipe with that( next time will definitely be angel food cake *evil grin *). Voila!The first Chiffon with green tea flavor turns out perfectly: tall, soft, fluffy,fragrant and moist. One thing I find super annoying is that the color is ugly brown,it does not even look like a smooth coffee color ( I want a beautiful green !!*sigh*) I know the powder is not right( feeling regret that I threw 12 bucks for this tiny little package),have no choice but using up the all of them before grabbing a new one.

INGREDIENTS:
- 5 eggs, seperated
- 1tsp cream of tartar/ salt
- 130-150gr sugar, divided into 2 parts
- 1tsp baking powder + 130gr all purpose flour + 20gr corn flour, mix well

- 80ml warm water + 3 tsp green tea powder + 4tbsp oil + 2tsp rum, mix together

PREPARATION:
- Preheat the oven to 330F/170C
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy

- Gradually add in sugar in 3-5 separate addition while beating at high speed until it fully develops its stiff peak form

- In a small mixing bowl, cream egg yolk and the rest 1/2 sugar until the color turns pale yellow

- Quickly stir in green tea mixture

- Add in flour, turn the speed to the lowest and give it some quick stirs.It should have a nice and smooth consistency

- Take 1/3 portion egg whites and fold into egg yolk batter, using a spatula to fold until the egg whites and egg yolk mixture just until they incorporate

- Pour this batter back to the egg whites bowl, fold very gently and carefully ( about 15 strokes) so the batter can keeps its volume. When there is no more striping, stop folding

- Put the batter into greased angel cake pan, remember to shake the pan several times to release excess air bubbles
- Bake for approx 45 minutes, or until inserted skewer comes out clean

- Let it cool on the wire rack



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to (lovelyfair1987)? I bookmarked many recipes from there and when I checked it was completely blank. Totally scared me. 8D

So glad I finally found you.

♥ESTEE♥ said...

I've just changed my domain name from lovelyfair1987 to pinkiefoodblog since the first one related to my personal email address. I found it so annoying when junk mails appeared on my mail box everyday ;( Sorry for not letting you know,my bad!
P/S: hope you still enjoying my entries =)

Ti said...

Hey, look your green tea powder isn't good because this color isn't fresh green, it's moss >.<

I throw a pack of green tea because of this reason that i didn't zip it carefully >.<