Wednesday, January 21, 2009
- 2 medium sized mangoes
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 50gr sugar ( adjust the amount depending on the sweetness of mango)
- 325gr half and half ( or heavy cream/regular milk/evaporated milk)
- 4 tsp gelatine
- 2 egg whites
- Mango Puree:
+ Peel the mango, cut into small cubes, put into blender with 3tbps water and blend well
+ Strain for a smoother texture
- In a small sauce pan, heat together 2tbsp custard powder + 1tbsp sugar + 2tbps half and half, stir well until dissolve.
- then pour in the rest of half and half and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Leave to cool, then pour into mango puree and mix well
- Heat up 4tsp gelatine + 2tbsp water ,mix into the mango mixture
- Whisk eggwhites in a bowl until soft peak forms. Add remaining sugar, beating until thick and glossy. Fold into custard mixture
- Spoon mixture into soufflé dishes( or whatever bowl you have). Cover with cling wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with fruit topping or with yogurt as desired
-Preparing mango video