Thursday, February 26, 2009

Madeleine

Since 3 pieces/$1.75 is way more than affordable, also, it's no longer available in Cosco,my uncle's friend, a crazy fan of madeleine, sponsored ( to be exact, she is "investing")me a new Madeleine mold .In return, she expects to taste Starbuck or Cosco- like Madeleines straight from my oven . I googled every trusted website and forum for the best recipe. There are bunches of them out there, you can't tell which one is better than which by just looking at the photos . Fortunately, I pulled out one of the recipe I found most familiar to my experience of making pound cake so i gave it a try( I already forgot the link).Luckily, the first batch came out just so perfect. The Madeleines have puffy centers, golden crispy edges, dense texture inside, with a sweet orange buttery flavor just as I expected.

INGREDIENTS: (make 2 dozens)
- 120g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 100-120g (1 1/4 cup) powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 100g ( 1cup) all purposed flour
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1 tbps fresh orange juice/ lemon juice/or 1tsp lemon extract

PREPARATIONS:
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180 C
- Grease and flour the Madeleine mold

- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar at high speed until light and fluffy ( approx 3-5minutes)

- Beat in egg, one at a time, until creamy

- Mix in orange juice and vanilla
- Adjust to lowest speed, gradually add in flour until a thick batter is formed

- Spoon the batter into the mold

- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown

- Wait for 10 minutes for the cakes to cool down, then using a small fork to take the cakes out

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these, unfortunately my family doesn't feel the same. I baked them a few times before, no compliments from them whatsoever :( I thought it was good. XD

♥ESTEE♥ said...

Oh,boy!It's sad to hear that! How about you trying to make something base on their interests? For example, my boyfriend is totally not into sweet,he hates cakes I admit.I was so down at the first times since his taste and mine are totally different. Therefore, I had a hard time trying to bring up variety of sweet (other than cakes).Finally, I found out that he loves sweet soup( every kind of them) =D
Also, I only bake new cakes if my family insists on what they like.
Hope you feel better!Don't be bothered by such things!