Friday, August 15, 2008

Vietnamese Mini Round Rice Cake(Bánh Khọt)



INGREDIENTS:
*For the Batter:
- 1 pack of Vietnamese Crepe Flour
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
- 4 cup warm water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1tbsp oil
- Small spring onion
- Extra turmeric powder ( optional)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

* For the Filling
- 1lb ground pork (=500gr)
- 1lb ground shrimp


PREPARATION:
* For the Batter:
- In large mixing bowl, mix together flour and warm water untill they completely dissolve.
- Add in coconut milk, and beaten eggs
- Add in the turmeric powder ( which already has in the package), for a more exotic color, add more terumic powder.
- Pour in oil and reasonable amount of chopped spring onionImage and video hosting by TinyPic
- Leave for 1 hour

* For the filling:
- Marinate pork and shrimp (separately) with fish sauce, sugar, salt, pepper and leave for 15-30 minutes and then stir fry with minced garlicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
- Seasoned if desired

* For the cake:
- Pre-heat the skillet
- Turn down to medium heat and add in oil, spread evenly each hole
- Pour the batter in (fill up half of the hole only)
- Topped with ground port and shrimp
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
- Fry for 3-5 minutes until the bottom turn golden brown.

* Serving:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. I stumbled upon your blog and I am so stoked to find it. I've always wanted to cook using Vietnamese recipes but so far I haven't found any recipes that are simple enough for me to follow. Love love love your blog. Definitely inspires me to go out and do some cooking. ^_^

♥ESTEE♥ said...

Yeah,you should try some.Super easy but taste heavenly delicious =) I love traditional Vietnamese food and it is inspiration for me to roll my lazy body into the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thank you so much for sharing your recipe. This is one of my favorite foods. Would you please let me know where can I buy that skillet?
Thanks a lot:)