Saturday, October 25, 2008
Vietnamese Almond Cookies(Bánh qui hạnh nhân)
- 2 boiled egg yolks,mashed well
- 220g all purpose flour
- 150g powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp almond extract/ vanilla
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Roasted peanuts/ almond for topping
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl then add in mashed egg yolk and stir well
- In small bowl, mix together almond/vanilla extract and olive oil.
- Gradually pour oil mixture into the dry ingredients and knead well until it forms a smooth dough,about 15 minutes. If the dough is too dry, add in more oil.
- Rest the dough for 1 hour,covered with plastic wrap
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Dividing the dough into 35 equal portion, rolling them into small balls( approx. 3cm in diameter) and place them in the baking sheet.
- Using the knife or fork and make a cross in the center of the ball
- Place roasted peanuts in the middle of the cross
- Bake the cookies for 15-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place them into the cooling rack until completely cool.
- Store in an air-tight jar.