Wednesday, May 16, 2007
FRIED RICE CAKE IN CHINESE STYLE(Bánh bột chiên kiểu Tàu)
A friend of mine did ask for this recipe but the rice cake isn't avaiable at her place so she wonders if macaroni can be done in the same way as the rice cake does.However, if you wanna go with the macaroni,you should choose the thick and straight,not curve one(is called penne), so the penne will turn out crispy,not smashing when fried.
- A pack of penne
- Or Rice cake
-Olive oil or corn oil
- Dark soy sauce
- 1tablespoon Light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
-1 tablespoon sugar
For the cake
- Slice the rice cake 2cmx1cm and put into a large bowl
- Pour 2 tablespoon of dark soy sauce over the rice cake,mix gently to avoid breaking the cake.
- Leave the cake for approx. 15 mins to absorb the sauce.
- Heat up the large,flat pan to 300 F degree. Here i use the electrical pan because if i use the normal pan, the cake will not be fried evenly as the heat only concerntrates in the center of the pan.
- Pour in the oil,wait until hot and put in the cake.
- Fried each side of the cake approx 10mins or until golden,then turn gently to another side and keep frying.
- Beat the egg into the center,then spread evenly over the cake,sprinkle some chopped green onion and little pepper.Wait for 5mins and turn the cake over.
*Note: the macaroni is done exactly the same way as above exept for one thing that you should boil them for 5mins ahead.
For the sauce:
- Dissolve soysauce, vinegar, salt,sugar in a small sauce pan.Adjust the taste,then bring to boil.
SERVING: hot,with soy sauce and red chili sauce(if desire)