Monday, January 5, 2009
Caramel Flan ( Using condensed milk)
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp water
*For the flan:
- 1 can condensed milk ( 14oz or approx. 400g)
- 800ml hot water
- 6 large eggs
- yellow food color (optional)
- Steps for preparing caramel syrup can be found in the caramel flan (using heavy cream) recipe
- Preheat the oven to 310 degree/ 150 Celsius
- Dissolve condensed milk in hot water, leave to cool
- In seperate bowl, whisk together the egg+ vanilla+ few drops of yellow food color
- Mix together the egg and the milk
- Strain for a smoother texture.
- Pour into the mold, steam for approx 1 hour and 30 minutes or until firm.
- Let it chill in the refrigerator
- Serve cold with ice.