Monday, April 21, 2008
Mango sorbet( Kem Xoài)
Summer is coming and mango is on the peak of its season.No one could resist such deliciously sweet and sour mango taste. Thus, making mango sorbet in summer is a hit for your family with a wonderful combination between fresh mango and cool ice. Cheap to buy,easy to do,just one click, and a natural home made sorbet is free to go....Oops!Did i say to much?...Try and experience the difference,guarantee that you would go no where for the best sorbert....hehhe...
- 500 gr mango
- 150 gr water
- 50 gr sugar (or adjust your taste)
- 100 gr mango cube for sorbet's filling
- For an easier peeling method, simply slice off the fattest part, sometimes called the “cheek”, of both sides of the mango.
- Now score the “cheek”. That means to make shallow cuts with a paring knife. Make each cut about ½ inch apart, and then turn the “cheek” and make perpendicular cuts as well
- Once scored, press the back side of the mango so that all the flesh is standing at attention. Then trim off the flesh from the skin.
- Mix well mango,water and sugar in the blender
- Until it looks smooth and nice
- Place in an ice cream maker and let it run for 1 hour. Then put in mago cubes and let it run for additional 5 mins
- Freeze thoroughly