Saturday, January 24, 2009
Langues de chat( Cat's tongues cookies)
- 200gr egg whites at room temperature
- 250gr sugar
- 180gr butter
- 260gr all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375F/200C
- In a mixing bowl, gently whisk together the egg whites and sugar.The reason I mention that the egg whites should be at room temperature because it will dissolve sugar easily.
- Microwave butter for 10-15 second or until soften( not melting), mix into egg white mixture.
- Gradually mix in flour,the batter should be thick and smooth( if it's not, add in more flour)
- spoon half the batter into a large pastry bag or cookie press fitted with a small round tip ( 0.7cm diameter)
- Squeeze to a 3-4cm/1" length
- Bake for approx 15 minutes or until golden.
- Just found out a useful video