Monday, July 16, 2007
RED BEAN STICKY RICE( Xôi Đậu Đỏ)
Instead of red bean,you can make sticky rice from mungbean or peanut.The process is slightly similar but they will give out different taste....
- 500gr red bean
- pint of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 500gr sticky rice
- few pandan leaves
-200ml thick coconut milk
-100gr shredded coconut
- 50gr ground peanut
- 50gr roasted white seasame
- Dissolve 1/4 cup sugar in red bean,cook in water with high heat for 30'
- Set aside for 1 hour, then bring it back to boil until tender(approx. 1hour)
- Strain the red bean, retain the water.
-Soak the rice in redbean-water and leave overnight
- Strain the rice,mix in redbean salt,and pandan leaves,
-Steam in double boiler for 25 mins(high heat),mix in coconut milk+sugar,boil for 5-10mins more until the rice tender.
SERVING: Serve hot, topped with shredded coconut and mixture of peanut+seasame.