Thursday, July 26, 2007
BÁNH XỐP BƠ( Chewy butter cookie)
Such an interesting cookie from Vietnam, as adapted from Playing with my Food Blog. However, after the first batch, i did some changes in the amount of ingredients to suit my taste.
INGREDIENTS:(make approx 17 cookies)
- 2 large egg yolks( or 3 small ones)
- 40gr sugar
- yellow coloring(optional)
- 2tbsp condensed milk
- 1tbps melted butter
- 90gr tapioca flour
- 40gr all-purposed flour/cake flour
-1/2 tsp double act baking powder
- beat egg yolks,few drops of yellow color and sugar with high speed until it turn into light yellow color
- Whisk in condensed milk and butter
- Mix well and sift the dry ingredients, then gradually pour in the egg yolk mixture and blend well until the batter gets thicken
- Rest the batter for 30mins
- Preheat the oven to 350degrees,line the baking sheet with parchment paper
- Rub your hands with some flour, divide and roll the soft dough into 15 round balls. Place in the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-15mins until the surface turn golden.Your room will be filled with butter fragrant..smell sooo good.
-Simply love the spongy butter taste,melting in your mouth, yet a little chewy which make this cookie so special.Love it!!!