Thursday, January 29, 2009
Black Gluten Sticky Rice(Xôi nếp than)
INGREDIENTS: (Serving 3)
- 200gr black gluten sticky rice
- 3tbsp coconut milk ( optional)
- 50gr shredded coconut
- 50gr mung bean
- 2 tbsp roasted and crushed sesame seed
- Extra sugar
- Soak mung bean in water for 30', steam and mash well
- Soak rice in enough water to cover for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight), then drain.
- Place rice in a rice steamer over boiling water and cook for 40 minutes or until tender, then mix with 3tbsp coconut milk
-Fluff rice before serving
-Garnish with a layer of mashed mung bean, then coconut, sesame, sprinkle sugar over the top.
- Serve as breakfast/appetizer.