INGREDIENTS: (serving 10)
- 200gr mung bean
- 1can (400ml) coconut milk
- Palm sugar
- 300gr fresh cassava
- 300gr honey sweet potato
- 3 dried wood ear fungus(stock photo)
- 50gr tapioca pearl
- Vanilla or pandan essence (optional)
- The process of preparing cassava, sweet potato and tapioca pearl is similar to the plantains in coconut milk recipe
- Soak wood ear fungus in hot water for 1 hour or until soften, rinse well in water and thinly slice
- Soak the mung bean in water for half an hour
- There are two ways you can cook the mung bean:
1/ _Steam them mung bean until tender (approx 15minutes)
_In a large stainless steel pot, cook together the mung bean and water( the water level is 1" higher than the mung bean) in high heat for 10minutes or until the mung bean is mash-able. I prefer this way because the mung bean will never stick to the bottom of the pot.
2/ Cook the mung bean and the water for 40' in medium/low heat. try to stir the mung bean frequently to prevent stickiness.
- Pour in the coconut milk and 4 pieces of palm sugar and cook in low heat until all the sugar dissolve
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and shimmer for 10-15 mins.
- Serve hot.