Friday, June 8, 2007
Butter cream(Kem bơ)
Butter cream is used for decorating cake.Especially, it goes really well with the swiss roll.Butter cream can be stored in the refrigerator up to 2 months.There are 2 methods of making butter cream using the same amount of ingredients.
- 5 egg white(aprrox. 70gr)
- 2tbsp water (for method 1 only)
- 300gr butter/shortening/mangarine(should be in cold condition)
- Dissolve sugar and water in a small sauce pan,leave to boil until the sugar mixture gets thicker.Leave to cool.
- Beat egg white until stiff
- Gradually add in sugar and continue beating until egg white turns thick
- Gradually add in butter,beat at high speed until the mixture turns out creamy.
- IDissolve sugar and eggwhite in small sauce pan, turn small heat. The eggwhite mixture should be around 70degree Celcius. Pour the mixture into medium bowl, beat at high speed until stiff .
- Gradually add in butter,beat at high speed until the mixture turns out creamy
STORAGE: cover the butter with plastic wrap,store in the refrigerator.