Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rice Flakes Mixed (Cốm dẹp trộn dừa)


INGREDIENTS: (serving 5)
- 1 pack (250gr) rice flakes

- 100gr freshly grated coconut
- 100ml coconut milk
- 70-100gr sugar
- 2 tbsp pandan juice/ 2 drops of pandan extract/ pandan essence

PREPARATION:
- Quickly rinse the rice flakes in cold water and drain for 30 minutes
- In small pot, boil together coconut milk,sugar, and pandan juice

- Transfer the rice flakes to a large flat surface( I used baking tray), gradually add in coconut mixture ( one tablespoon at a time) and stir well using a pair of chopsticks and a spoon.Stop adding the coconut when the flakes taste a little chewy.

- Add in grated coconut and mix well

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever made Xôi vò sầu riêng before? I've been trying to find a good recipe for it, but no luck :(

♥ESTEE♥ said...

I'm sorry. I've never tried that before even when I was in Vietnam(I guess it's not popular though) Anyway, "sầu riêng" is one of my fav, will let you know the recipe if I can find one =)

♥ESTEE♥ said...

Just found one,I will try one day too
Nguyên liệu:

Nếp hạt tròn: 450gr
Nước cốt dừa: 150gr
Đường thẻ: 200gr
Đường cát: 100gr
Sầu riêng: 400gr (không vỏ, không hạt)
Muối: 1 muỗng cà phê

Cách chế biến:

Ngâm nếp với nước lạnh khoảng 3 tiếng sau đó vớt để ráo và cho vào chõ hong khoảng 30 phút là chín.
Cho nước cốt dừa, đường cát, đường thẻ đập vụn, muối, sầu riêng tán nhuyễn vào nồi nấu với lửa nhỏ khoảng 5 phút cho sôi sau đó rưới lên xôi đã nấu chín là hoàn tất. Dùng khi còn nóng